Thursday, June 27, 2013

HUMMUS, AVOCADO, & SPROUT SANDWICH

I am always looking for good, good for you and simple recipes. Here is one I made up for lunch this past weekend and it was a hit!

Whole wheat bread
Hummus (I make my own, but store bought is fine too)
Sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, broccoli, or a combination)
Avocado (or cucumbers or both)

I served these as open top sandwiches.
- Toast the bread
- Spread on the the hummus
- Top with sprouts and Avocado (or cucumber or both)
ENJOY!


You can use any kind of sprout, but I used Broccoli sprouts grown right next door in Minnesota! 
I found these at woodman in the organic section on the produce section.
Ellis' lunch - I am not sure why it took me so long to realize that I can pretty much feed Ellis the same thing we are eating. When Ellis first started eating finger foods I thought I had to pre-make all kinds of "baby approved" foods for her, but then I realized she can eat pretty much exactly what we are eating, just cut up in small pieces. I know, I know... it isn't rocket science, but for some reason it took me a while to grasp this concept. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment